How to upgrade to iOS5 without issues
Looks like lot of people are having iOS5 update issues, some are complaining about Error 3200 during update and some are saying Apps/Data is not restored after update, This instructions below I used, if followed should solve both the issues:
- Make sure you have iTunes 10.5 installed on your computer
- Connect iOS device via USB
- Sync your device to backup all apps and data.
- In iTunes, select your device and click “Check for updates”
- Select, Download and Install
- (If you get Error 3200, restart your computer and update again)
- When device is restarting or after restarting wait patiently and do not try to mess with your iOS device
- iTunes will have a popup “Restoring Apps…”, the device will NOT say syncing in progress, so DONT play with the device until the Apps restore is done, it will probably take over an hour.
- After ITunes popup “Restoring Apps…” is gone, it will start a sync with a sync icon spinning in iOS device top bar, wait until this completes
- Now unlock the iOS device and go through the setup process prompts to complete location, iCloud, Find my Phone,… setups.
- You are DONE.
Update: Also see “How to restore phone contacts lost after iOS5 update”
16 Notes/ Hide
- nikkohdeleon reblogged this from motorcycleporn
- sourbelts likes this
- hammerproject likes this
- slybrunette likes this
- krickets reblogged this from initlabs and added:
- crazyforcheesecake likes this
- motorcycleporn reblogged this from initlabs
- initlabs posted this