How to pin blocked content to Pinterest
Pinterest just introduced a way for websites to block people from pinning their content to Pinterest by adding a small snippet of meta tag code to HTML:
<meta name=”pinterest” content=”nopin” />
Sites like Flickr have already implemented this to block people from pinning copyrighted photos to be pinned on Pinterest. You will see a message like this:
Here is a simple way to get around this and pin it anyway if you want to do so:
(You have to use Google Chrome)
- If you see the blocked message, reload the page by hitting "Reload" button in Chrome.
- Right-click and select "Inspect Element"
- In the panel that opens at the bottom, expand the <head></head> tag
- You will see a line <meta name=”pinterest” content=”nopin” />, right-click on it and select "Delete Node" (see picture below)
- Now go to bookmarks and click your "Pin It" bookmarklet to pin the image to Pinterest
Disclaimer: I’m not really recommending you to do so ;)